View Single Post
Old 09-03-2020, 03:55 PM   #1628
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Thank you.

I checked around on google to see if I could find any kind of list or study on the injury history of well-over-seven-feet-tall players. I couldn't find anything that specific. All I could find was this wikipedia list- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...iation_history

According to this- assuming it's complete- there have been 26 players in the history of the NBA that were 7'3 or taller. As near as I can tell, Mark Eaton is the only guy on that list who wasn't injury prone.

It may not be a scientific study, but common sense tells me that 25 out of 26 is a trend.
Kareem was 7'2" and had very few injury problems and an exceptionally long career. Most of the 7'3"+ guys usually weighed around 280 to 300 pounds which is why they had a lot of injuries

KP & Kareem played at 240 pounds
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote