View Single Post
Old 09-03-2020, 07:12 PM   #1633
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I mean

1st season - missed 10 games
2nd season - missed 16 games
3rd season - missed 34 games
4th season - missed 82 games
5th season - missed 28 games

Big guys get injured more, but even if this is only about KP, the dude is perpetually injured. He's only played 58.5% of available games-- barely more than half.

We even controlled his minutes and sat him out B2Bs and he still missed half of the playoffs.
That's what I'm talking about. All these "questions" about his durability seem silly. As far as I'm concerned, there is no "question." We already have the answer. He's injury prone. The Mavs knew what they were signing up for when they traded for him- or at least they should have known. Anyone who didn't know the dude was injury prone hasn't followed his career.

Does that mean it was a bad trade? Hell no. If you're the Mavs, you HAVE to make that trade. You make that trade every damn time. But the risk of injury is always there with KP. I seriously doubt he'll ever play an 82 game season in his entire career. I assume he's always going to miss at least 10-15 games. We just have to cross our fingers and hope that it doesn't happen during the playoffs, as it did this time.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote