View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 03:32 PM   #246
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Henry was lined up on Avery.
There was a play action to Jackson.
Jackson ran to the left flat to be Bulger's checkdown receiver.
Ellis let Jackson go because it wasn't his zone.
Henry had the short zone responsibility.
Roy had the deep responsibility.
Roy elected to cover the TE running a deep crossing route instead. (which was Hamlin's zone not his)
Thus, when Roy left his deep middle zone, the WR just ran right behind him a la S. Moss. (thank goodness we're not going to see this stupidity for the rest of 2008/2009 and maybe forever)

Why was Henry trailing behind Avery? I'm surprised he was even in the picture because although he has pretty good football instincts, he does not particularly have great speed. But, Henry is at fault here for one reason. Roy Williams was the safety on the play. Henry should know that EVERYTIME Roy is in the game, the opposing offense will challenge Roy deep... it's just how it is. So the fault falls on Henry because he overestimated Roy's skill and football IQ as a safety in the NFL. I wasn't surprised when it happened... it's been happening to Roy for the last 5 years. I was just more disappointed that he still hasn't learned that he is being targetted when he is the deep safety.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84

Last edited by alby; 10-20-2008 at 03:33 PM.
alby is offline   Reply With Quote