View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 03:03 PM   #474
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei View Post
Napoli's great but he shouldnt be over-exposed. He had one of his best years in Texas because he was given so much time off. That is the problem they ran into in LA. I say give him 100 games during the year (bring up a good prospect catcher, Torrealba might be okay) and save him for the playoffs.
Don't agree at all. You actually want the guy to play in 13 games LESS than he did last year??? Sheesh.

Give him: 1) 120 games at C with Torrealba getting the other 42, 2) 20 games at DH with Young resting someone at 1B/2B/3B/LF those days (or given an off day himself) and 3) 5 games at 1B resting hopefully Fielder. The rest he will be given off full days. I say give him 145 games of 162 if he stays healthy.

That is roughly 75% of his games played at C, which is less than I initially wanted, but having thought about it, would be fine with Young's ability to move around. He is just too good after finally turning a corner here in TX. Play the man.