Thread: Nelson Leaving?
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 12:07 PM   #26
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Not exactly, Bernie. Cuban paid Nellie the going rate, as the right man for the job, for many years. He's paying Johnson near that now.

However, when you say:

"Guess the owners can't all be like Mark when it comes to ponying up for the right guy."

I can't help but snicker. There's a certain point-guard right-man-for-the-job who is cashing his checks off a different account these days.
Cuban clearly had a pretty bad judgement on that one. Go ahead and paint me naive but I don't think Cuban thought he was the right man for the job....... or he'd have ponied up the dough.

And Cuban paid Avery what Avery wanted because he thought he was the right man for the job. And he didn't bitch about it. In fact, he renewed his contract ahead of time.