View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 10:31 PM   #447
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Exactly. That's why I'm not getting my feathers ruffled over anything that does or does not happen this year. Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I'm TOTALLY okay with just punting this entire season for the chance, small as it may be, of getting Dwight Howard. Williams would be a great consolation prize. If we don't land either of those guys, at least we're in a decent position to tear it all down and start rebuilding, rather than being saddled with another bad contract.

The fact is, we're taking a HUGE gamble no matter what we do. If we re-sign Chandler, then we officially give up any chance we had at landing one of the big free agents and we're betting everything that simply holding onto what we already have is enough to get us another title. Personally, I don't think it is enough and I find it a bit odd that so many Mavs fans seem to just assume that this roster left unchanged would just steamroll right to another championship. Has everyone already forgotten how old this team is? Or that we were HUGE underdogs against both the Heat and the Lakers? The way I see it, what happened this summer was nothing short of a miracle. The stars aligned and the basketball gods smiled upon us. Does everyone here really believe that Kidd, Terry, and Marion have another playoff performance like this last one left? I don't.

Even if we do re-sign Chandler, we're going to have to tear down the whole thing and start rebuilding very, very soon. Like, within the next three years. If there is even a .05% chance you can land a Dwight Howard, I say you take it.

In the end, no matter what happens this year or next year, the Mavs have an NBA championship, and that's a pretty f**king awesome thing.
Agree 100%.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote