Thread: Boston
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2005, 04:29 PM   #7
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Boston

Payton is the worst kind of veteran in that his skills are diminishing, but he doesn't realize it. He's now a god awful defender and a shell of his former self on the offensive end. He'd be ok to back up Terry...I was just saying that no GM in his right mind will give him more than $2.5MM or sign and trade for him.

We're just not going to agree on the Finley thing. In my mind $52MM is too much to pay for veteran leadership. Gerald Green may not be ready but if I'm Ainge, I don't want Fin taking his or Tony Allen's minutes. You say that you need 4 swingmen to win but as soon as you trade Pierce it's no longer about winning, it's about development and winning is a bonus.

I also thought that West was a SG last year (that's what he played at St. Joe's) but he handled himself nicely at the point.

Quote:
Harris profiles as a franchise point guard.
Interesting comment since earlier this week you were hinting that he may be a bust who benefited by entering the draft at the right time. While you didn't use that term, you were beating around that bush.

Edit: I do agree that they'd love to dump Blount