View Single Post
Old 11-06-2003, 10:45 AM   #14
Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Trade Walker....

definitely, walker has played well thus far. shooting high percentage shots, passing the rock, etc. but i think he's been unselfish because he's trying to feel his way into the team.

all i'm saying is that i see signs that walker may overrate his offensive skills and i just get this feeling that he may be the one that screws us in crunch time by taking shots away from dirk. hasn't happened yet, but i'm just predicting that's what will happen.

also, if you look at all the top teams, most of the offense is run through their superstars: duncan, shaq and kobe, garnett, etc. on this team, there's been way too many times where i have seen dirk on the outside just waiting to catch and shoot with the offense mostly running through antoine and steve nash. if this continues or gets worse, this is a huge problem IMO. i think a lot of posters here are overrating walker's passing abilities. i do see him making nice assists here and there, but he sometimes forces the pass and if he doesn't see an open man, he sometimes ends up forcing bad shots.

personally, i think we have yet to see the best of jamison and have yet to see the worst of walker. and a lot of this is due to confidence. i'm sure jamison's ego was hit when he learned he wouldn't start and worse when his playing time decreased considerably. i like jamison because he gives us the best inside post presence, better than nowitzki and walker . . . very important in the playoffs, when your offense is not clicking and you need high percentage inside shots . . . more importantly, he's the best offensive rebounder on that mavs team with maybe the exception of fortson . . . and i think a lot of that is because of body's natural tendency to gravitate towards the inside . . . and last of all, i think he recognizes dirk as the best player and he doesn't mind being a role player . . . of course, a lot of this is just assumption, but it's just what i'm seeing from body language . .

also, i don't think ainge was stupid for getting rid of walker. i think he was stupid for getting rid of walker for just lafrentz. but if he is being honest that no other GM really wanted to give up anything of value for walker, then i don't think ainge did that bad of a job . . .

3. Heidi Klum - the source of my perspiration
Charlie Brown is offline   Reply With Quote