View Single Post
Old 11-06-2003, 12:00 PM   #30
Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Trade Walker....

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Lo
nve jacked up shots b4 nelson had talked to him; its just that after then, he jacked them up with greater frequency. is it also knee jerking to praiise a dog after he carries in the paper? or jus berate him, and say hell lets see what he does tommrw. at what point do you feel its acceptable for him to be worthy of accolade. or is it thast youd rather save your self the irritation if it doesnt pan out.

dude, you're free to praise whoever whenever however you want. it's just that there's some posters on this board that like to use the term "knee-jerking" way too liberally to anyone who has a negative response to what they feel as too short of a time frame for analysis . . . all i'm saying is that if knee-jerking is a just a quick analysis based on short time frame, then you're knee-jerking as well. i mean, how the hell do we know if walker can continue what he's been doing when he's only played 5 games . . . anyways, i have no problem with your praise of walker. he deserves it. but i don't think bashing those who have the contrary opinion is necessary as well, unless they're criticizing walker just for the hell of it . . .

and nve was far more of a team player before nelson intervened . . . walker's already taking a lot of shots (not a criticism per se) . . . i'm just wondering what a bit more pride, a little bit of nelson intervention (saying he's not shooting enough), and bit more comfort with the team will do to his shot production and selection later on . . . my guess is that could increase so that it's a detriment to the team, but we'll see . . . like i said, this could all work out well, but i still need to see way more games to make full judgment on this . . .

although i will admit that saying that we should TRADE walker already is a bit extreme . . . i can't tell if you're criticism is based on that or based on the fact that walker shouldn't even be criticzed at this point .
3. Heidi Klum - the source of my perspiration
Charlie Brown is offline   Reply With Quote