View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 08:49 PM   #1969
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurst0509 View Post
God that was beautiful to witness for those of us in the arena last night. The hush of the crowd as he releases the shot and as it hangs in the air for what, 3 seconds? Then SPLASH and the crowd goes nuts. Absolutely amazing, jaw dropping stuff. Just no words.

We're all obviously spoiled by the greatness that Dirk offers up every day but how great is it that every once in a while he still makes you say "wow" like that.
Someone once posted a beautiful paragraph about the experience of watching Dirk shoot the three ball. I can't recall if it was a professionally written piece or something a member here wrote but I think about it every time Dirk lines up from behind the arc. The way it ended referenced the desire to always see the shot just one more time.

If anyone may recall who wrote that or where it is I would love to see it again.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote