View Single Post
Old 08-13-2004, 11:22 PM   #11
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Trade With Lakers Has Been Amended

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
Quote:
Soooo....if Payton didn't report what does that mean exactly? Is he sitting out the season?

If he's going to play anyway..then why not just report?

What are his intentions in not reporting?
He's just showing his dislike for the trade. He's obviously unhappy but the Celtics expect him to show up when training camp starts. It's much like the situation with NVE when he was traded away from here.

I imagine he's unhappy because he could have opted out of his contract if he knew things were going to shake down like this.
That's right..I had forgotten that NVE's physical was waived last year.

Well, I can understand why he's hacked at the Lakers....but after all the whining he did in the playoffs, perhaps he shouldn't have considered himself untouchable. Players who choose to either exercise or opt out of optional contract extensions are aware of the risks. From what I've been reading he could show up for the physical as early as Monday. I wonder if there is even an outside chance of any covert collusion going on here between Payton and Ainge??

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote