Thread: marion
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2004, 05:13 PM   #12
Unstable_Mavsfan

Unstable_Mavsfan is on a distinguished road
Default RE: marion

I think the first trade would complete the mavs transformation so I would do it. Howard is good but I don't ever see him getting to Marion's level. He just doesn't have th ephysical ability. Marion is much quicker and a much better leaper. Also, so far, Marion has proved to be a better defender. Josh hustles but he hasn't shown much ability to be a shut down defender like most of us want him to be. He played hard on defense last year but was still burned quite a bit.

And, Marion, I think/hope, would keep Nellie from being so tempted to go all offense at the end of games. A lineup of Terry/Fin/Marion/Dirk/Damp is an average to above average defensive group and an excellent rebounding and scoring squad. This would also let Marquis be the scorer off the bench and play a Nick-like role. Marquis was no ta good passer last year but he wouldn't even have to worry about this year.

Marion has never been his teams "top" player either so I don't see him causing any chemistry problems. Which is very important as we learned last year.

Unstable_Mavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote