Thread: marion
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2004, 11:01 PM   #36
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:marion

Quote:
Originally posted by: grndmstr_c
Quote:
I'll agree that he had a nice startout in his career but it's gone downhill since. I also won't deny he can shoot the ball but I thought we learned last season that we don't need a 3 who can score? We should've just kept Jamison if this is what is was going to come to. KVH? Goodness
Last year KVH averaged 16.1 points and 7 rebounds per game. That's still well above spare level. As for last year, you may think you learned that, but the point of the lesson was exactly the opposite. AJ fit in very nicely as a scoring, rebounding SF. The +/- stats are ridiculously lopsided in favor of the argument that he had a positive impact playing alongside Dirk and a center other than Walker. And as fin4life said, the AJ trade (with the benefit of hindsight) had to be made.
Like I said above, I won't deny that he guy can't shoot. I'm not trying to deny what Jamison brought to the table last season he was our only thread inside. But the guy couldn't defend. Even some of you guys were saying he was the worst defender on this team. That's not what we need at the 3 position. I'd like a Doug Christie or a Bruce Bowen type playing the 3 position for us. I thought Josh Howard was capable of that but I guess we've given up on him.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote