View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 12:39 PM   #60
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
I can give a rats as* about a creditxpert. I am who I am, just like you are who you are. Dont put in the boat with any other poster but Silk Smoov. Get off your high horse and deal with what I said. Are you indeed an expert in the salary and luxury tax issue? If not, then how can you say that we CANT sign Billups?????

Answer that question above.
Teams over the salary cap have three spending options in free agency.

A) The MLE
B) The LLE, ever other year
C) The veteran's minimum

The only other way to get a player in free agency, is to work out a sign and trade with the other team. What that means is, the Pistons would have re-sign Billups and then trade him to Dallas for players that meet the salary requirements.

The Mavs would have to TRADE players...hence the TRADE part of "sign and trade".

That's it.

That's all there is to it.

I can't believe you haven't picked this up somewhere along the way.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 05-16-2007 at 12:41 PM.