View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 06:21 PM   #98
joemoeschmoe

joemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to all

Dirk played a poor series for who he normally is and I think he should have shot less down the stretch exactly like he stated after game 4. He was being a monster on the boards at that point with 11 rebs, 2 steals, 1.5 blocks, and 4-5 assists, 1 turnover a game. If he shoots 12 shots, but makes 7 of them along with 5 free throws with the rest of those numbers while passing out of double teams all day, then thats OK. In fact its great, and its what Duncan gets praised for all the time. "Having a huge impact on the game."

I love Avery, but I think he made a mistake by telling Dirk he has to force it like an MVP should after Dirk came out and said after game 4 that he was fine not scoring. Whatever, fuck the media and what everybody else thinks, Dirk had no obligation to force shots because a low value shot (approximately chance of make X point value of shot) is still a bad decision. Also, the offense was stalled because the Mavs guards are poor at post entry passes and the Mavs were spending most of their shot clock to get it to one of the 1 on 1 dudes. Still, Dirk even missed the ones he normally makes and Golden State played excellent defense (they're hands are so fast!), so that he still takes some blame. But nowhere near 100% .

Last year, he was awesome during the playoffs (I think he's getting his MVP more for how he played during the playoffs), until he had a bad 3 games in the finals after he dominated the Suns and the Spurs, then he sucks. Then he's awesome during the regular season, now he sucks. Such short sightedness. If he wins a ring within a few seasons, everyone will suddenly forget just like with Peyton. I look for the Mavs to have a worse regular season, but better post season next year.

Last edited by joemoeschmoe; 05-04-2007 at 06:23 PM.
joemoeschmoe is offline   Reply With Quote