View Single Post
Old 11-10-2004, 02:35 PM   #25
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Finley among three Mavs now nursing ankles

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
Howard needs a couple of days off doesnt he? If he is out, then that leaves us with only Stack and Daniels, who is recovering from a very severe ankle sprain.

BTW, it is absolutely wrong to think that Finley has a third degree sprain. While researching Daniels' condition, I discovered that 3rd degree sprains are when the tendon actually tears. That means that he would not be getting up. He'd be on crutches for weeks and his ankle would be wrapped up. I saw Finley get up, run and shoot FTs. That might not have been good for him, but he was able to which is the point.
Have you ever had a torn tendon in your ankle? I tore a tendon in my right ankle while playing in an 8th grade basketball game. I was definitely able to 'get up'.

A lady at my office had multiple tears in her ankle while at work and she finished out the day. She walked around on it all day until around 8 o'clock at night. Yes, she did eventually end up going to the ER later in the day.

What's the point? The point is that it isn't necessarily an intelligent thing to throw out generalizations and blanket statements about injuries one way or the other.

I've seen a high school fullback tear an ACL one week and suit up to play the next week. I've seen a high school QB break a collarbone one week and suit up to play the following week as well. Was it an intelligent thing to do? No, of course not. But, it happened.

Regardless, to say that a player wouldn't be getting up after tearing a tendon in their ankle just isn't an intelligent blanket statement to throw out. I hope that it's not a 3rd degree sprain or whatever, but let's just tap the breaks and see what comes out here in the next day or two.

Also, please don't alternately use 3rd degree sprain and torn tendon interchangeably.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote