View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 12:44 AM   #8
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdsanctuary
Give me Maggette and I understand Redd's ability to shoot, but I want some defense.

82Games did some defensive analysis and Michael Redd was the worst defender at the 2 guard position in the NBA... (The data was from 02-05, but it showed a consistent trend)
DEFENSIVE STATS LINK

Michael Rosenbaum's analysis of Redd:
"Michael Redd is in a league of his own on defense at the shooting guard position. The difference between Redd and the next lowest-rated shooting guard is three times as large as the difference between the 2nd and 10th lowest-rated shooting guards. And Redd has been very consistently ineffective over the years. Again, defense may win championships, but it does not pay the bills."
Hahah, sigh. But, I think I'd rather watch us lose with amazing offense and horrible defense, than lose with horrible offense and horrible defense.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote