Thread: The Obama Boom.
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 10:54 PM   #127
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Quote from wmbwinn:
Quote:
1)Freddie/Fannie get a government mandate to guarantee mortgage loans made to poor people who normally can't get a home mortgage.
2)Freddie/Fannie and Government regulators go to banks with the program.
3)Some banks look at it as easy money: make the loans to a big eager population. sell the notes off to various programs which eventually ends up as bundled financial products that are owned by Freddie/Fannie OR which are insured/backed by Freddie/Fannie.
Quote from Mavdog:
Quote:
that is NOT the "mandate" of either freddie or fannie. you are totally wrong.
again, you can divide straws and pick apart the words. Agreed that the above is not the only mandate/role of Freddie/Fannie. Disagree if you think that Freddie and Fannie do not play the role I stated.

The articles I have dropped in support my position. And, if you disagree with me, then give me some evidence rather than just your angry opinion
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote