View Single Post
Old 04-12-2006, 05:41 PM   #27
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I'm not sure I follow. It appears that teams fail to repeat far more often than they succeed. No?

If you want to put it in psychological terms, you also should consider that sometimes teams get fat and happy after they reach the ultimate pinnacle. And teams on the way up are often fueled by an intense hunger.
The point is, the teams that beat them are solid teams that at least go to the finals. Barring injury (major, not nagging), defending champions don't lose to teams like the Lakers or the Kings.

I can't think of an example of an NBA champ getting fat and happy. They either lose to a better team or they lose they're best player. Nobody is hungrier than the Spurs, they want to win just as bad as we do. To beat them we're going go have to match their talent level and out execute them.