View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 04:42 PM   #68
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Chum's comments are offensive.

From myself, I do not own a gun, never have...maybe some day I will, but for now, I don't.

Now, I have gone to the range and fired various handguns as a civilian. I have even taken my sons to the range and taught them how to fire at a target and how to handle a weapon in a safe way.

Basically, my goal was to educate and enable my sons to be safe in the event that they go to someone's house and come across a gun.

With that, we had a great time at the range. So much so, that my older son kicked our tails in his groupings. He was consistantly putting his shot groups of 3 rounds on a dime at nearly every distance in the range.

I also handled various weapons when I served in the military, and yes as a soldier we have a much higher purpose or agenda behind our weapons.

Now today, it is my CHOICE to not own or carry a weapon. I believe we should continue to support our ability to choose what is best for our homes and our families.

Just as someone believes in their choice to give a child two dad's, or to kill a child still in its mother's womb...then I should have the ability to choose if I own a weapon or not.

As for shooting weapons at a weapons range, that is a fun activity. It's a competitive sport, just like going to the batting cages or to the driving range. Their is one difference...first I noticed that as my sons handled the weapons and fired down range, they began to gain some huge respect for the power they were holding, as well as an appreciation for the responsability behind it.

I would trust my son's if they joined the military or some form of law enforcement and they had to make a drastic decision of using their weapons.

Guns are not to be taken lightly and saddly in the wrong hands they are deadly, but no more deadly than a 2 ton piece of metal with 4 wheels and an engine. Just remember, it takes people to kill people...guns or no guns, if someone is bent on killing another, they will figure out a way to take action.

Perhaps the government should learn to enforce the laws they have on the books, rather than create new laws.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote