View Single Post
Old 07-22-2002, 10:23 AM   #7
Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown is on a distinguished road

I am dreaming about this possible opening day lineup.

PG Steve Nash/Nick Van Exel
SG Michael Finley/Adrian Griffin/Tariq Abdul-Wahad
SF Rashard Lewis/Matt Harpring
PF Dirk Nowitzki/Eduardo Najera/Charles Oakley
C Raef Lafrentz/Wang Zhi Zhi

Although we need more interior muscle and rebounding, I think Rashard would fit very well with our system. He's a high percentage shooting perimeter player that will be better than any one on the team in creating his own shot in a couple years. I think he can utilized at times in a potential BIG lineup with him at shooting guard. The guy can also rebound, run, and play defense. No need to bring in the Griffin's and Abdul-Wahad for defensive purposes. Just keep Rashard in there and let him replace Finley at SG, when Fin goes out. I think Fin's game is peaking and I don't mind the Mavs picking up one last star offensive player. If he came to the Mavs, I still see Dirk being the #1 option, but eventually Lewis could replace Fin as the #2 option, with Fin next, then Nash, who'll go back to serving his primary ball distributing role in a couple years.

We still need interior defense, and we can use Nick Van Exel and/or Wang Zhi Zhi to pick up a big man, but NOT olowakandi or thomas. Brian Grant, maybe. I like Elden Campbell, but we'll see . . . first, we should try to get Lewis and sell him on the fact that Cuban is the most loyal owner in the NBA (unlike the Sonics) and we'll give him the max in 3 years.
3. Heidi Klum - the source of my perspiration
Charlie Brown is offline   Reply With Quote