View Single Post
Old 04-15-2006, 01:14 PM   #16
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
The problems I have with this MVP balloting is when its done and the criteria's. Everyone says in order to be MVP you have to make your teammates better. I just don't see anyone fitting that categorie in the NBA period. You can make a argument for Nash but you can also argue that his teammates are better because of the system they play in. Playing alongside a superstar can benefit a player's game but I honestly never felt Jordan made Pippen or Dennis Rodman any better than they were. It helped playing alongside him but as far as what they brought to the court they could've done it with out him.
That is one of the oddest things I have ever seen on this board. You don't think Michael Jordan made his team mates better? You don't think Scottie Pippen made a career of playing alongside Jordan, which took him from a very nice player to a top 50 of all time?

NBA superstars, that are successful, make other players around them more successful. Josh Howard is better for playing next to Dirk. Freaking Tim Thomas has been playing good basketball since joining the Suns, etc etc.

Sure systems have a part in it, but superstars make every other player's lives easier.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote