View Single Post
Old 04-15-2006, 05:14 PM   #25
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Well, I disagree and I agree. I agree that the argument that Dirk doesn't make his teammates better is ridiculous. I disagree though, that there is no distinction between great players and great players that make their team mates better. For example, I think Allen Iverson and Gilbert Arenas are great scorers, but because of what they have to do, and the offense that has to be run in order for them to be successful, I think they are at times close to a detriment to their team, and certainly do not bring the play of their teammates up.

Just curious but who do you believe in the NBA right now makes their teammates better than they currently are?

Quote:
but TD's presence on the floor makes playing defense much much easier.
I'm not disagreeing with this statement. I do agree that the presence of a superstar makes life easier but I don't think its what makes Bruce Bowen the defender he is. I don't think Doug Christie was a 1st team defender because of Chris Webber and Vlade Divac's.

Quote:
Playing on Dirk's team is the reason why Jason Terry has averaged 50.1% and 47% while in Dallas despite shooting 43.6% in his previous-best season.
I honestly feel if ATL had Joe Johnson at the time JET's field goal shooting would be a lot higher. The fact that he played with no outside threats in ATL is what lead to his shooting percentage. I just think the argument of making teammates better is overrated. Yes, there are players who make teammates life in the NBA easier but I don't think there's a guy out there that makes a average 20 minute per game player into a all star. I just don't see it. I think Nash deserves credit for setting his teammates up in Phoenix and making the life of Boris Diaw easier but I think i'll give Eddie House, Boris Diaw and Raja Bell more credit than Nash.

Quote:
But last year in Miami, he was able to up that to .456 and .432, respectively, because he had a billion open looks a game...because of Shaq.
See I just don't see that as making a player better. I see that as giving Damon Jones more opportunity's to get open looks and to make more shots but it doesn't make him a better player.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote