View Single Post
Old 04-15-2006, 09:23 PM   #33
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
As for the article, this is the one measure that I don't agree with:
3. If you replaced every MVP candidate with a decent player at their position for the entire season, what would be the effect on their teams' records?

I don't like this line of thinking because it gives an advantage to great players on bad teams. Of course Kobe's team is going to miss him the most, they have Smush Parker starting at PG...don't penalize Dirk for that.
Just so I'm clear, is the basis of your contention that you believe any of the MP3 candidates would improve a helpless, Smush Parker-point-guard-ed team every bit as much as Kobe Bryant would/has? Or is the basis of your contention that improving an otherwise helpless team is in and of itself not so important a deal?

I can see either argument as valid, and before I comment further I would like to figure out which angle you are taking.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote