View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 11:13 AM   #23
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Chum, what does Sedaris' sexual preference have to with his quality as an author? People like his stuff (me included - haven't read all his stuff, but i've liked what i've read). And i bet you could have worded that in a less offensive way... I don't think he's god's gift to written humor like some people do (he is kind of overrated, and we all know God hates gay people, so he can't be god's gift...), but I do like his stuff.

I just finished "The Blind Side: Evolution of a Game" by Michael Lewis (guy who wrote "Moneyball"). Pretty Good. It's about the evolution of the Left Tackle position in the NFL, and how that trickles down and affects the life of one Memphis inner-city kid who appears to have been born to play the position. I'd recommend it for any football fan. It's a few years old (published in 2006, i believe). The kid in question (Michael Oher) is about to start his senior season at Ole Miss.