View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 11:42 AM   #368
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

These are some very good/interesting observations/points/questions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic View Post
The thing that stood out the most to me last night was when Dirk would not back down from the ref until they got the right line up for Roddy's jumpball. It really didn't make a difference as the Lakers still got the ball, but it was the fact that Dirk wouldn't just let the ref screw us that impressed me. It felt like Dirk was saying to the league, "NO, you will not shaft us anymore." I like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Odd point: I don't know anything about him as a person...but Pau seems like a pretty nice guy on the floor. I noticed a couple times last night where he was talking to the refs about call against him and he was very level headed and even willing to listen to the refs explanation why they made the call...and he nodded along as if appreciating the explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
I remember a game a couple of seasons ago in the Staples center, there was a small intermission while the refs were reviewing a shot clock issue or something. So out of boredom, Dirk took the ball over to one of the baskets and started shooting jumpers. Then Pau casually walked up, Dirk fed him a bounce pass, and the two of them started a little shoot around for a couple of minutes. Quite a difference from the American jerk culture where you don't help an opposing player off the floor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitanObvious View Post
Btw have you guys seen that Haywood interview? I think he just might be jizzing his pants a little bit there with his excitement to be a part of the mavs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Earl K Sneed asks VERY long questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
how in the world did the Wizards suck so bad?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
[...]
JJB was not playing poorly early this year, he was quite good and now he's not. There actually is more likelyhood that jjb will go back to playing well than roddy actually being more consistent as the games get even bigger.

Last edited by mavErika; 02-26-2010 at 11:46 AM.
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote