View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 12:41 AM   #3
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I'll take smart over fast any day. Jason Kidd over Kyrie 100 times out of 100. Add to that Brunson's incredible efficiency (60% FG and 41% from three) and you got a solid player.

Brunson's defense was also solid last year. No one in the NBA can guard the jitterbugs, but he can guard the big PGs and slashing PGs are old news, anyway. Shooting PGs are the new thing and Brunson found a way to guard the perimeter well enough. On switches with guys who are 6'7", he'll have issues, but most NBA players do, which is why players run so many screens for switches.

Fisher is a good comparison. Deron Williams is a good comparison. Fisher played 13 seasons and has 5 rings. Deron Williams played 11. I don't think making that comparison is doing what you want it to for a guy in the second round. I mean, we got him in the second round and I'd be thrilled with a solid bench 6th/7th man and I think that's what he will be.
Yeah I’m warming to him a bit. Watched lots of Nova as I’m in Big East country and root for them when Cuse is knocked out of tourney. He’s a good player and a good shooter and efficient. Jay Wright is a good coach. Maybe I’m selling his defense short. Fisher is a great comp but he may be quicker and a better finisher but lesser defender.

The other plus for me is I’m a big BPA guy and they took him despite being loaded with PG.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote