View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 04:30 PM   #54
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Zoidberg
So let´s go back to the topic of the thread. How about using the rep points the first month of the mebership on this board and after this the number of posts?

By doing this you could prevent newbies from posting unnecessary or spamming new threads, without handicap the old established posters which have a negative rep because of the Doc-incident.
The issue I see with post count, is that it seems that most of these newbies dont have a problem with post count. Look around and you will see newbies with almost 400 post count in the last month or so. I call it spam posts

I think a combination of rep points or length of membership should be weighted together. This would eliminate those affected by past neg rep from the past. Then we all need to be selective with giving rep points to newbies, because some of the regulars can give you a green box with one rep from them. So, for those who have that type of power, please be selective with rep points to newbies if this resolution goes through.

Message to Newbies:
Post count has nothing to do with reputation here. Look for the number of green boxes next to their name. The more green boxes you see, the more reputation they have had here. On the other hand, those with alot of green boxes can really put your rep points in a bind if they neg you. So, it is wise to sit back and pay close attention to this, because as I have seen it now, some of you are messing around with the wrong people, and your little box will turn red. Once it does, it is hard to get back to the green side. For those of you who have alot of rep on other message boards, you might want to check your ego at the door, because now you are newbies, and are treated like one, just like they ALL do at other message boards. That is the process. JMVHO
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote