View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 04:40 PM   #55
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

This is all just theory and fun anyways. I'm sure there's no existing scripts out there that work with this vBulletin that do this. We don't know how the data is internalized in the db either. Although it would stand to reason that there is a combination of tables somehwere that contain "rep points" and "join date" that could be used for calculation.

Then such a check whenever the new thread script is called would require at least 2 lookups, and 2 comparisons, and some math. It seems possible based on the number on threads started around here like it wouldn't bog down the server too much.

It's just that none of this exsists (probably). So we should probably just learn how to deal with it.

I wonder if it's just a regular SQL SERVER....

Wouldn't really be the best way to get people to hang around either. Can you imagine a lovely error page
Quote:
"I'm sorry, but you're too much of a freaking noob to start a new thread. Please stop being so lazy and find an existing one to post your opinion that will more than likely be ignored or torn apart, by our cynical veteran posters"
Ok so maybe it wouldn't have to go like that. (But if I were writing the php script, it sure would )

/rant off