View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 05:17 PM   #57
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
This is all just theory and fun anyways. I'm sure there's no existing scripts out there that work with this vBulletin that do this. We don't know how the data is internalized in the db either. Although it would stand to reason that there is a combination of tables somehwere that contain "rep points" and "join date" that could be used for calculation.

Then such a check whenever the new thread script is called would require at least 2 lookups, and 2 comparisons, and some math. It seems possible based on the number on threads started around here like it wouldn't bog down the server too much.

It's just that none of this exsists (probably). So we should probably just learn how to deal with it.

I wonder if it's just a regular SQL SERVER....

Wouldn't really be the best way to get people to hang around either. Can you imagine a lovely error page

Ok so maybe it wouldn't have to go like that. (But if I were writing the php script, it sure would )

/rant off
I've never done vBulletin, but I've done some things like that for a phpBB board that I've admined. Not a big deal really, for someone that has experience in it.

I always loved making custom titles for people that they couldn't change.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote