View Single Post
Old 04-22-2007, 01:17 PM   #74
SeattleMavsFan

SeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the rough

i'll put in my 2 cents here since I'm a "new" member.

i agree it's annoying with trolls coming in, whether they are Mavs fans or not. I enjoy having intelligent conversations with basketball fans. It's the people that are extremely closed minded and just come in to fight that I have a problem with. The new threads from some warrior fans are dumb. I would love to see some new warrior fans to have discussions with but not with the ones that just come to talk smack. It's great they are confident in their team but to register on a Mavs board and post that the Mavs suck and the Warriors rock is not intelligently contributing.

I'm not sure there is anything we can do about it though. sure requiring a certain post count or rep count might help but it hurts legit good people that just don't happen to post much.

Even though I've only been on this particular board since January, I've been a die hard Mavs fan since birth, 23 years ago. I came to this board for intelligent discussions. I mostly read and don't post much. I have never started a new thread since I've been here. So because of those couple of things, I don't have many posts, nor do I get any rep points. Requiring a certain number of posts or rep will hurt legit people like myself. Even though I have never started a new thread, I may want to in the future and I wouldn't like a message telling me I can't post. However, it really isn't a big deal to me. A better idea maybe to restrict it until users have been here for a certain amount of time, regardless of post/rep count. Just another idea to throw out there. I think someone here already mentioned it though.

Anywho, whatever route is taken or not taken, I will live with it and support that decision and this board.