View Single Post
Old 10-24-2021, 11:45 AM   #20
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
This IMO is where Jalen Brunson just hasn't excelled.

The Mavs reluctance to put guys like Brunson, Powell or Kleber in trades because they are good culture guys is mind boggling.

Every year we rave about Brunson and post stats of how he stacks up vs other players around the league but for some odd reason we got an owner stating the team needs a secondary ball handler/playmaker and fans mention this same thing.

It's amazing that for 3-4 years with Luka on board the mavs have yet to acquire anyoner that can do those things via either free agency/draft who could help him out.

Really starting to think we busted on Josh Green

I expect them to be a 5th or 6th seed but unfortunately the way this roster continues to be built I think we are looking at another 1st round exit unless luka goes bonkers like 2011 prime Dirk doing the post season and plays out his mind.
But at least Brunson is the only other guy that can create his own shot, so it is sometimes unfair to put the blame on him.

The positive is that S. Brown and Bullock are very good defenders even if they haven't figured out their roles yet. Once the Mavs cave and make KP center, then I think we could be a very stout defensive team.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote