View Single Post
Old 10-24-2021, 04:35 PM   #23
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
If this team succeeds it will be because Luka has the ball in his hands "too much". Any ceding of possessions to other replacement level players on the Mavs is a suboptimal strategy. Kidd ostensibly figured this out by the 7th quarter (3rd quarter last night) of his Mavs coaching career.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Again though, and I'm not sure how many times it has to be repeated until the aneurism bursts, but it's because they refused to get a secondary playmaker.

The Mavs NEED Luka to be a playmaker because he is the ONLY ONE.

And it's still so bizarre that because our former crap GM said Luka needs to get his teammates more involved that we've come to trying to get the ball out of his hands.

I'm not really buying that Kidd and company was influenced by Donnie fn Nelson suggesting that Luka has the ball in his hands too much. I am buying that in order for Luka to have something in the tank to finish close games down the stretch that he at least needs 1) someone who can at least bring the ball down the floor and give it back so he can run PnR and sets in general. 2) Someone who can help defend quick PGs so he doesn't blow his load on defending jitterbugs.

I completely agree that we needed a playmaker alongside Luka. I was all hard up for Derozan but peoples heads nearly fell off because he doesn't launch 3s like THJ.

Agreeing with Zuess to some degree that we will be more successful if Luka is generating our offense. BUT defense is going to be as important. I think the happy medium is allowing others to occasionally bring the ball down the floor so Luka doesn't have to every possession but then we need to get it back to him most possessions too though unless someone else has an advantage. A few times KP had good position so we went to him early and it paid off and I'm fine with that because we need him going too.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote