View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 09:39 PM   #7
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsgirl4134 View Post
I work at a hospital serving food to patients. I only work part-time but I go to school full time. I know you said that you would have to work 11:30-8 and every other weekend you have to work 13 hours. (which is really weird..) Do you know if they will be flexible with your schedule? The hospital I work at is really flexible with school schedules. Every other weekend isn't THAT bad. I have to work every weekend which really sucks.

I have to say it is easy work, but you will see a lot of stuff that you probably will not want to see, and be around a lot people that you have NO idea what they have. I personally have delivered trays to two dead people and didn't know they had passed, and I've had to be tested for TB because there was a patient that had it and somehow noone knew about it. But then again, every hospital is different, so you may not deal with the same stuff I do.

Oh and another thing, will you be going to school for something in health care? Even though you would be working with dietary, you still meet a lot of people from different fields and can learn A LOT. That is one good thing.

Education should really be your priority, so I would go with something that will be better for you while you're in school.

To answer all ya'lls questions........................I'm 24. After i graduated high school, i majored in Restaurant management. I was so sure i wanted to do it. And 2yrs into college, i grew to hate it. Something that stuck in my mind was something my manager said to me 4yrs ago: "I see you more than i see my family." He said it so subtle, but it stuck in my mind. And when i told my advisor that line, he really couldn't rebutt it. He mentioned 1 major restaurant that had decent hours.

All the while i went to college for restaurant management, i was a volunteer figherfighter. And i originally wanted to major in Fire Science, but the only college that had the major was about an hour away from my house. So a buddy of mine was telling me about becoming a Paramedic. At first i just thought nothing of it. Then the more i thought about it, the more warm i was to the idea. So i switched my major to EMS.

At that point, i was kinda like Robillion. I was 20yrs old, and i got a little tired of school, and starting from scratch was going to be so stressful, so i took a semester off. And after that, i took some core classes. I was in and out of school for 3yrs. And i finally took my EMT-Basic class last semester. Although i loved it to death, i had to drop it because it was hard to focus in class at 7 in the morning, i didn't have a steady work schedule, and i had to learn so much in so little time.

The bottom line is the reason i want to work full-time is because i don't need to go to school full-time. With EMS, you take 1 class at a time, and after each class you have to work a certain amount of hours as an EMT before you take the next class. So i could work a regular 9-5 job and go to school during the evening. But the job i'm offered, school is out for at least the fall semester.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote