View Single Post
Old 04-13-2019, 08:36 AM   #5219
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
I am so lucky. I had season tickets for 25 years, including Dirk's career through the finals. I always said "I'm gonna keep buying these until we get a championship." Once we did, I retired in August of 2011 and moved to the mountains.

But I was lucky. I was in Reunion when we beat Utah and returned to the playoffs after the bleak decade. I was there when Dirk and TMack had their shootout, and when Dirk got hurt in the playoffs against SA. I saw Tim Thomas blow Dirk that kiss and the 50 point barrage that followed. I was in tears in a hotel in South Carolina when we lost game six to Miami...I had a game 7 ticket in my wallet. Maybe the best game I saw was in San Antonio, and the Mavs lost...but it was so intense, JTerry tried to punch Mike Finley in the cajones.

The lowest point was losing to Golden State, and watching Dirk have to accept the MVP trophy at a news conference. But like most of you, I never lost faith. Even as they traded away everyone except Jet, I always knew Dirk would pull us through. I was reminding a more casual fan that to win the championship, we swept the back to back champion Lakers, and beat them down so hard they have yet to recover. Then to take out OKC, featuring their big three, including 2 MVPs and Westbrook, who now averages a triple double. Then of course Miami, and 2 more finals MVPs. And Dirk did it without anyone on his team as good as any of the Heat or the Thunder's big three.

It was 2 decades of pure basketball, all possible because of one guy. There will never be another like him. I am so lucky to have been there in the presence of Dirk. Thank you, big guy.
Great post and great for you.. after some of what you say through in the 90s, you deserved it.. and the RTarpley and 3 Js mess
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote