View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 12:02 PM   #133
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
But if the guy would have stood still and not gone back on it -- it might have hit him in the head.

Totally an error on the 2nd baseman. Not sure how any scorer could have seen anything any different.

The second baseman had like 5 seconds of hang time to stand still..........LOL Guess it got too complicated for him.
I understand where you're coming from.. And I agree that it should be an error. But, it's not according to official scorers. If you judge the ball incorrectly and don't actually get to where you need to be to make the play, it's not an error. If you don't move and let the same ball just drop down and bounce off of your head, it's an error.

But typically, mental mistakes or judgement mistakes are not ruled as errors. I for one would love to see official scorers given more room to manuever on this one.

Last edited by Murphy3; 06-28-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote