View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 08:43 AM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, I know alot of people that are incredibly strong that never lifted a weight in their life. One of my brothers benched 300 pounds going into two-a-days his freshman year in high school.. It definitely wasn't from lifting.

There are alot of ways to get stronger/bigger without the use of barbells/dumbells. I suppose when you grow up in a farming/ranching/oil community like I did, you see alot more of it than other people do.

And when I say "without lifting weights".. I'm talking about what you'd traditionally see in a gym. Obviously, I'm not talking about getting stronger without using resistance training. I'm just using "alternative" weights. Swinging around a 12-16 pound sledgehammer is lifting weights. Pushups/pullups... that's lifting a weight... carrying around bags of cement..that's lifting weight. I'm just looking for a few more good ideas.

Last edited by Murphy3; 08-16-2012 at 08:48 AM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote