View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 01:56 AM   #32
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
I'm just not sure where you are coming from, that's all. If not muscle mass, what? Is it endurance? I don't know. Maybe you could make it a little more clear.

What I'm getting at is...if you are going for Nolan Ryan over Albert Belle...why worry about working out at all? Don't those little Japanese guys live longer than anyone else? Maybe the heart is more comfortable supporting less, or somesuch. Who knows. Again, that's my point. What is the ultimate goal of the program you support?

To me, it is sort of aesthetically pleasing--intellectually, I guess--to think about "useful" strength being gained by contextually appropriate activities. But, maybe that's the guy in me who likes to watch the lumberjacks in the Strong Man contests.
You're strong or you're not strong. You're athletic or you're not athletic. The rest is all fancy talk to hide the fact that you are weak in most every area except (fill in the blank)

Last edited by ShaggyDirk; 09-06-2012 at 02:02 AM.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote