View Single Post
Old 01-13-2006, 10:00 PM   #34
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

this is so weird... I bring this up here, and what does sports guy have in his article today? Reader mail about the same subject...

Quote:
Q: I have this theory I like to refer to as the "Brad Pitt Phenomenon." In short, I believe the quality of a Brad Pitt film is inversely proportional to his cleanliness in said movie. When he looks like he needs to be scrubbed down by a hazmat team ("Fight Club," "Snatch," "True Romance," etc.) the movie will be awesome, but when he's all prettied up ("Meet Joe Black," "Thelma and Louise," other crap chick movies) it will obviously be something that will make me want to gouge my eyes out. I think it's a pretty rock solid theory, and my question is this: Has this phenomenon been applied to Jake Plummer this season? If so, as a Pats fan, are you at all worried?
--Brian Pierce, Bowling Green, Ohio

SG: Actually, no. Your theory doesn't account for "Seven," which was probably the single-best Brad Pitt movie other than "Fight Club." So it's moot. But you had me scared there for a nanosecond.

but i actually don't agree with Sports Guy on Seven. Pitt was far from "Prettied Up" in that movie.
and i am NOT Brian Pierce of Bowling Green, Ohio

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 01-13-2006 at 10:02 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote