View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 09:13 AM   #47
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
I don't ask you to forget -- just to forgive.

I am in my forties, but the same thing applies. My apologies on the older that dirt comment-- but I do tell my father he is older than dirt. And yes, I can remember discrimination my entire life -- just not as you see it. In fact, I see it basically on a daily basis -- just not always based on race.

I can understand where you are coming from. The Jews who were slaughtered, wanted justice and wanted all of the Germans who had anything to do with the killing of 6 million of them to see justice. Some did, some didn't. I am fairly sure in Bosnia, some are searching for that. I would like to think that in Darfur -- that we will eventually start getting justice for the people there. And yes, I understand that you want justice.

I am not asking for people to forget. I ask people to forgive, and not try to make people pay for a crime they as individuals didn't commit.

Making a better place comes from equality, not from any side getting a short stick, or a long one.

I don't live in a little box of happiness. I have an ex-brother-in-law that was a Navy Seal, and a POW in Vietnam. He tells me of autocracies that happened there. He told me of things that were done to him that were awful. He has a problem with Vietnamese people because of it.

I have a great uncle who had his back broken off the island of Atus in the Philippines during WWII. He has a problem with the Japanese who killed many of his friends. His Brother ended up in Germany during WWII and had to clear bodies from Dachau and Buchenwald. He had a problem with the Germans.

Today though Germany, Japan, and somewhat Vietnam are our allies. Do we still try to set things right with them? Or do we forgive -- not forget -- the past, and try to make a better future.

Do you think the families of all the people who were killed 9/11 should try and get justice from people of Arab descent......I mean they know the high jackers were from Arab descent, and they can't take it out on the ones that did it --- so should they try and get justice from all Arabs?

It ends up being a never ending loop of hatred.

You are correct 100% that I will never truly understand racism from a Black perspective. You will also never understand where I came from -- you can't -- you didn't live it. You will also never understand what the Jews, Indians, Hebrews, Darfur, etc. etc. etc have gone through. All you/I can do is try and understand to the best of our ability, and try to make this place a better place right now. It is the only thing you/I have control over.
Let me enlighten you a bit on your last remarks. You want to compare the victims of war against lynching? That has got to be as low as you can get on this subject. In war there will ALWAYS be victims and losses. Both sides choose to go to war. It is a decision that is made with the intent of being content with the loss of life. That is why, war should ALWAYS be the last option on the table at all times. Lyching and what blacks went through in the United States was NOT war. It was genocide, which is the lowest of the low. I will say that gencide is far worse by all means than war.

Let me teach you a bit more on this subject. Blacks forgave whites long ago on this matter. It is called Faith. Trust me, those whites in the past have been forgiven, but they have NOT been forgotten. And for the most part there are many who are still alive, that have not been brought to justice. Very high up people as well. Just like if you even turn your television on or read the paper, the top subject is "Race and Politics". I wonder why it is a top subject now? Wanna guess? Also, when I see this topic, it is not on BET and TV1, it is on mainstream stations with non-black journalists reporting on this. So, dont think that I dont see it, because I do, as well as alot of others including whites see it too. And I applaud ALL of those who have made it a point to go out in the communities to educate those who STILL have a problem with blacks.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote