View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 08:44 AM   #16
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
TWO games in a row, he barely shoots in the second half. he may have been somewhat fighting for position in the first half, but he completely GAVE UP in the second half. if you're the star of the team, and you are fighting for position and not getting the ball, you better be in the face of EVERY SINGLE ONE of your teammates (during the game, in timeouts, etc.), saying "I AM OPEN! GET ME THE &^$&^$& BALL!" You don't just quit trying, which is exactly what dirk did. i watched dirk all game last night, and he was listlessly moving around the court on offense.
This says it all.

In the first half of Game 5, Dirk attacked as soon as he touched the ball. Not the case last night.

He went passive, settled forlong jumpers in the first half, and when they didn't go, he disappeared.

He is one of the 5 or 6 most talented basketball players actively playing in the world today, but he's lacking in heart, or mind, or something. We've all seen Dirk get mad and get going, but it's a fatal flaw that he can't be bothered to muster it up more than a few times a season.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote