View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 12:21 PM   #16
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

No way in hell should we trade Dirk at any point and no way in hell should we trade Kidd until next summer, not this summer (b/c next summer his contract is up and that means he will be a huuuge trade piece for teams looking for cap relief the next summer to get a big time free agent.. or two at Kidd's price) .

The main piece that needs to go is Avery Johnson. Once that happens that changes the entire dynamic of this team (even more so depending on the replacement of course).This is the most important move the team could make and should make.

I do think that Howard needs to go and a top shooting guard come in. I wonder if Howard could bring in someone like Redd.. but I doubt it. Howard plus Stack? I dont know, but the thought of Redd here at the starting two with Kidd and Dirk makes me salivate. .. I think we should keep Terry because if he is used correctly he can be a deadly force for the team. If he isnt than he hurts us. I believe a new coach with any sense would be able to use him to his strengths.

We do need a legitmate back up center, but I believe that need is moreso because Avery will not play a legitimate backup center. Magloire probably could be a legit back up C, but he is not able to be developed under AJ. It is all about potential with him. He has it.. he isnt that old, and he was an all-star in the not-so-distant past. I still believe in his potential but he needs that right coach to bring that out in him.. and the same goes for any back up C that we could pick up off the waiver wire or through a small time trade. .. with all that being said. I would love to have Diop back. Even if that meant giving back Allen/Magloire.. if that option was available.

I have a ton of faith in Bass and his development as a player. He is sooo much potential, and I think it would be a HUGE mistake for him to leave this summer... especially for like likes of Bonzi Wells which I am hearing a lot about lately. I HATE that idea. Bonzi Wells would be good here, but please PLEASE dont trade Bass for him. I believe that Bass has the potential to be a starter at some point.. and already I think on other teams. He needs to develop his defense (which he can be a good shot blocker on occasion and can be a good rebounder). The main thing is.. be should NOT or ever play at the 5 position. He is not a center. He is and should be a forward and be developed as such. He is a great mid-range shooter. Is very aggressive. Of course he would never take Dirk's spot (till he is gone) but I would not feel terrible about a starting lineup of Kidd, Wright, Bass, Dirk, Damp. But also, in a sense. Bass is more of a PF than Dirk is.. and Dirk is more of a SF than Bass.. when taking into account how they naturally play rather than their size.

We have players that can be the swingmen we need, but we need them developed. We have Wright, Allen, Rayshawn Terry. Bringing in someone else that is more proven would be great though but that does NOT mean someone with finals appearances that is 40 years old.

More realistically.. and much MUCH better for the Mavs than what has been proposed in this thread.. would for the new roster to look something like this.

New coach

Kidd / Lue
Redd / Terry
Wright / Bass / Allen
Dirk / Bass / Allen
Damp / Diop?/Magloire?/?
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote