View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 06:11 PM   #58
I.Can't.Breathe
Banned

I.Can't.Breathe is on a distinguished road

NYPD Officers Cheer Teen's Murderer

Quote:
Ramarley Graham's Father, Franclot Graham, Blasts NYPD Officers For Cheering For Richard Haste (PHOTOS)
Posted: 06/14/2012 2:36 pm EDT Updated: 06/14/2012 2:36 pm EDT

The father of Ramarley Graham, the unarmed teen who was shot and killed by NYPD officer Richard Haste in February, expressed his disappointment and anger after fellow officers applauded in Haste's support outside a Bronx courtroom on Wednesday.

Franclot Graham told DNAinfo, "It just goes to show they’re all part of the same thing. They were cheering him on for killing someone."

After Haste posted his $50,000 bail on Wednesday, Graham's wife Constance Malcolm similarly said, "That's how they work. You see it everyday." An attorney for the Graham family further denounced the insensitive display and said, "There is nothing to cheer here. A young man lost his life, and that is the man who took that life. It puts salt in the wounds."

Following intense anti-NYPD sentiment over the incident and the national uproar sparked by the tragic Trayvon Martin shooting, Haste was indicted on manslaughter charges. He has pleaded not guilty to the charges.

As Haste exited the courtroom on Wednesday, NYPD colleagues cheered in support, while demonstrators slammed the NYPD chanting, "NYPD, KKK, how many kids did you kill today?"

Haste's indictment marks the first time an NYPD officer has faced criminal charges in a fatal shooting since 2006's Sean Bell killing, in which Bell was celebrating his Bachelor party the night before his wedding when former detective Gescard Isnora and three other officers fired 50 shots at Bell and friends.

Although Isnora claims he overheard one of the men say, "Go get my gun," it was later revealed all men were unarmed.
I.Can't.Breathe is offline   Reply With Quote