View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 09:25 PM   #24
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
All of your leaders voted for it. So go talk to them. If you liberal anti-war types had any balls you would have voted them out of office.
FWIW, only 39% of Democratic House reps voted for it, and 58% of Democratic Senators. Your point is well-stated though, since prominent dems Biden, Kerry, Hilary, Russ Feinstein, John Edwards, and Harry Reid all voted in favor of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
When did you see the movie anyway? And if you did, didn't you think it showed how tough it was to do your job? Both there and at home? Did it show some sort of murdering lunatic or someone with an overactive sense of devotion and protection?
My main criticism of the movie (other than it just not being very good in general outside of Cooper's and Miller's performances) is that the characterization of Kyle doesn't at all match up with the book. In the movie, he was written as a very conflicted man who regretted having to kill anyone (in fact, doesn't he say in his Army recruitment visit that he doesn't want to shoot anyone? Maybe I'm misremembering that part), but in the book he seems to have a very black-and-white view of right and wrong, going so far as to call the Iraqis, wholesale, "savages" that he "liked" shooting. Do you feel I'm being unfair with any of those observations?
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote