View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 03:07 AM   #48
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
a villa win tomorrow (not something hard to imagine against stoke) and it's champion league competition for them.

and with liverpool's disappointing loss to boro, it is not as much a question of villa catching chelsea but perhaps villa catching liverpool. to think that the reds were in first place with what? 10 pts ahead of manu? what a fall.
It keeps shifting around who Villa are most likely to finish ahead of. A couple weeks ago, it was looking a lot like they might finish ahead of Chelsea and Arsenal. Now, it's certainly looking like Chelsea will finish ahead of them, but, as you said, there's an increasing possibility of finishing ahead of Pool. And when Villa dropped points against Wigan at home and then lost to Chelsea at home, both times it looked like Arsenal would capitalize and end up moving into 4th within a few more weeks--but they still haven't even put a dent in Villa's lead. In fact, a Villa win over Stoke tomorrow would give them the biggest lead they've had over Arsenal all season.

Bottom line, I can't even predict how much more this stuff will change in the next 3 months. Man U will win the league, but that's about all I can say. If I had to bet, I would say 1) Man U, 2) Chelsea, 3) Pool, 4) Villa.

Obviously, 4th would be great, but I would really love 3rd. This year, I believe 3rd progresses straight to the group stage of the 2009-2010 CL, rather than starting in the qualifying rounds. That would be huge for Villa.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 03-01-2009 at 03:11 AM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote