Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 09:51 PM   #2134
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
Franchise altering superstar is. This draft is packed with guys that have this kind of potential.
Yeah this makes the draft really special, pretty much every guy has high ceiling on paper.

Bagley: Better Bosh
Doncic: Euro Wunderkind
Bamba: Unicorn
JJJ: 3&D Center Unicorn
Porter: Durant light
Trae: smaller Steph Curry

Because of everyone having such potential on paper its almost impossible for #2 until #6 to pick BPA, everyone has solid BPA arguments. So i think fit will play a significant role, something you normally shouldnt do drafting so high but his draft isnt a normal draft, so i think teams are going to draft a lot for fit.

So here we go:

Kings:
They got Fox, Hield and WCS as their main pieces. I think Doncic is maybe BPA AND the best fit for the Kings. The Kings offense is a mess and Fox isnt a typical floor general. Kings owner thinks of Hield as a new Steph Curry (remember), so Doncic could create tons of open shots for Hield. And also taking playmaking pressure of Fox. Taking Bamba and you pretty much shove WCS out of the door. The Kings have max cap, so they could run after a PF in the PF stacked free agency (Gordon, Parker, Randle, Favors....)

Fox - Hield - Doncic - Randle/Favors - WCS

Looks pretty solid. I really think they go Doncic with Bagley/Porter in their 2nd tier.

Hawks:
They have issues with Schröder and Schröder burned some bridges. He has a solid tradeable contract, so good chances he is gone (thats why they are looking at Trae too). Prince emerged as really nice SF and Collins is one of the 2018 draft steals BUT Collins has zero midrange game and a shakey corner three. He isnt really PF for the future and should be used as center.

So the Hawks have a need at PG/SG and PF (and go to guy scoring), explaining why they are high on Bagley and Trae. Porter could also jump into the 2nd tier for them. So my guess is Bagley - Trae - Porter for them. The Hawks GM loves Trae. Taking Bamba and the Hawks still have glaring holes everywhere.

Grizzlies:
Win now with Conley and Gasol. Brooks emerged as a really nice but undersized wing. Pretty much everyone thinks they are looking for a big scoring wing who is ready. This should nail it down to Doncic and Porter, with Bagley as third option because of his fit with Gasol.

Suns: Ayton
Kings: Doncic (Porter/Bagley)
Hawks: Bagley/Trae/Porter
Grizz: Doncic/Porter/Bagley

So my guess is there is still hope for our Bamba train. Kings have WCS, Hawks Collins and Grizz Gasol. They all could and should look for similar star potential at a different position.

JJJ is kind of a wildcard, i have no idea if one of the teams in front of us would bite because of his potential as stretch frontcourt player....
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote