Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2022, 02:47 PM   #527
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Without? That?s just silly. Mavs don?t make it out of the first round without him in a down year. You lose a guy that can spell you and go get a bucket. West will be harder next year.
I don't share the same opinion, sorry. I think this Mavs team minus Brunson and plus Wood and THJ is at worst the same. Not even factoring in a full offseason for Dinwiddie/Bertans, healthy Luka, etc. etc. I also think Dinwiddie will show a lot more burst, as is the case with most players coming off of similar injuries. Typically takes a season and a half to return to where they were, modern medicine and procedures be damned. It's a tough sport where even the slightest drop to your explosiveness can dramatically change the way you can play vs. pre-injury.

And for that big bad West? Let's go through it...starting with last year's standings as a base...

1. Suns - due for a big regression with the likely loss of Ayton (if not, a large increase to his pay and their payroll), CP3 getting older, etc. etc. I see them as a team the Mavs broke

2. Grizzlies - they have a nice trajectory and are poised to be just as good if not better next season. I would have them right back at the 2 seed.

3. Warriors - defending champs, gold standard, not losing much if anyone. They will be a problem.

4. Mavs - see above

5. Jazz - lol fucked, don't think any change of coach or scenery will help mend the issues within this team

6. Nuggets - similar to Grizzlies for me with a larger question mark to health. They have the best player in the NBA, but can Murray return to form? Will Porter Jr. ever be healthy? I actually like the small trade they did, but don't think I would put them above the Mavs.

7. Timberwolves - pieces there, but they are what they are and have been. Only hope from them is a big step forward from ANT

8. Pelicans - love what they've done, but can they get Zion back and healthy and focused? If so, a team to watch out for and very similar to the Grizz

9. Clippers - obvious contender, but HUGE health concerns. They will be right at the top if they can have Kawhi and George healthy. Big IF there...

10. Spurs - set to regress, shopping Murray? Doesn't make sense to me as I thought they'd build around him.

11. Lakers - lol to the same old story. Lebron getting older yet playing out of his mind, for how much longer? AD huge health concerns and Westbrook a terrible fit. Really nothing else here but for them to hope AD is healthy.

Bottom of the barrel - Kings, Blazers, Thunder, Rockets - really only the Blazers would have a chance to truly contend pending any weight you give to the Jerami Grant acquisition and I actually like their pick of Shaedon Sharpe

EAST - will be fairly similar to last year with their true contenders being the Heat, Celtics, Bucks, and 76ers, all whom I believe the Mavs could win a 7 game series against.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote