View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 09:45 PM   #8
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Those rankings are horrible. And that has nothing to do with Kidd's presence/nonpresence on the list.

As to the thread title, I'm sure you could make an argument that he's top 50, and I'm sure you could make an argument he's not. Honestly, though, when you get that far down I think it's very hard to differentiate. The effectiveness of guys in the Top-50 discussion (as opposed to those in the Top-10 discussion, for example) tends to be more dynamic based on how well they fit with teammates/systems. There's a short list of players (Dirk, Kobe, Lebron, Garnett, etc.) who are talented enough (and close enough to their prime) to shine regardless of circumstance.