View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 05:10 PM   #116
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
Flaco,

It's worthy of debate because of the powers the police have.

A small percentage of a trillion is still a lot. We aren't talking about desk jockies. There should be no tolerance for bums and assholes here.

We're talking about people who have the power to fvck with your life and careers in ways 99.9% of the populace can not if they don't respect their own powers and the people they serve.

Every time I see this thread, I think about the BART police who shot an unarmed, cuffed man on the ground in the back and other incidents. You can't let this sh!t get away with an apology and a dismissal. Hopefully, every officer has been put on notice, either formally through their departments or indirectly through the outrage/debates.
I don't disagree with anything you're saying, and I didn't say it wasn't worthy of debate.

My own personal view of police officers is: I respect the hell out of them for doing a thankless, extremely important job every day and putting their asses on the line. I think that's the attitude anyone should have towards them until they give them a reason to think otherwise (like this a-hole did after the nurses and the other cop verified the dude's story)

(And they don't have the power to mess with my life, because I give them no reason to talk to me.)