View Single Post
Old 06-09-2005, 01:31 AM   #15
stressboy2

stressboy2 has a spectacular aura aboutstressboy2 has a spectacular aura aboutstressboy2 has a spectacular aura about
Default RE:Another Dallas/Portland Trade

Portland is a real enigma for me since I have no idea what they are going to do moving forward. Do they want to cut salary more? Do they wish they had not given Randolf and Miles the franchise? They have to be kicking themselves over Ratliff's contract also. What is it worth to get rid of Pattersons bad seed? Do they really want Green? He would look awesome next to Outlaw, but who would play the 2 and who will play the 5 after next year? I know they don't plan on getting one of the PG's. So if I'm a billionare without a clue about basketball what do i do?

If I'm the GM, I try to get multiple picks and use the highest to sell some salary. Thus I would probably try to get #5 and #13 from Charlotte, I don't think I can make that happen so, I end up with #7 and #16 from Toronto. I then package Ratliff/Patterson/#7 for an expiring contract, in this example we will do the Dallas scenario of KVH/Bradley.

Dallas then drafts ??? at number 7. Best big man? Best Player? Antoine Wright? Splitter, Vasquez, HS phenom?

Don't really care for it from the Dallas end, but a pretty good draft from Portlands point of view i think. They dump a max salary to go after a max FA next summer, they get a Backup Center for when Pryzbilla hits FA and they still get a young player in a decent draft. In the end, though I think they just sit back and take Green.

This is Stressboy a.k.a. Stressboy2
stressboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote